Sharon's Caesar Salad
Sharon has worked this one out to the point that she can't find any better.....
In a Large Salad Bowl combine:
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard (we use Colmans)
- A generous grating of fresh black pepper
- 5 anchovy filets mashed to a paste (I use anchovy paste which you can find in the grocery next to the tuna fish)
- a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tblsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 egg (raw, fresh)
- Juice from 1 lemon. A simple hand-held
is 'da bomb' for getting the juice out of a lemon.
Stir vigorously until well-blended.
Toss and serve
- One head of romaine lettuce washed and torn into pieces (I usually don't use a whole head - I like more dressing on my lettuce)
- Prepared Croutons - most of a box (Pepperidge Farm original is the current favorite)
- Parmesan cheese - I probably use a cup or more of grated parmesan
to the Recipe Page
to the Home Page
Send e-mail to: Todd